Friday, July 14, 2006

GOD

It’s all the same trip man!!!


One of the things that was lacking in any of my previous relationships was God. When I refer to God, I am referring to energy, not religion. When we consider that we all have our own belief about the cosmos, life, and death we tend to find we either find ourselves part of a large majority taking part in a human created religion or we find ourselves on a more spiritual path. Neither is incorrect or correct but mere paths. How often when we date do we consider how our partner matches with us spiritually? My guess, especially when it comes to dating in Los Angeles, rarely. Why not? Why do we not think about the presence of God, or the lack of God in our romantic lives? On the average each of us individually prays hundred of times each day, whether we know it or not.

Some examples are:

If that light would turn green.
I hope she/he likes.
I wish I were not as sick.
Jesus, the fucking Portuguese.
God let me have this one thing and I will be a better person.

It might not appear to be a prayer, but when we say these things to ourselves we are really calling on a higher force to intervene, calling on that energy. This is prayer. When confronted with death or taxes we especially take the time to call on God to save us, deliver us, or make us better. You can use the word energy, Buddha, Mohammed, Christ, Mickey Mouse for that matter in place of God; they can all mean the same thing according to what you believe. Even atheist pray, they just do it in the form of wishing.

So if we all at some level have prayer, and at some level we have spirituality then why is this not something we look to connect with in our relationships. I know from my past failed relationships, and I am thinking of everyone of them. The one thing that was missing was God. Coming to agreement between my partner and myself that we were blessed to have met one another. The agreement in what ways the universe, cosmos, or God works in our daily lives. As I have found in my meditation and journeys, I came to realize I am God, not a God, not the God, but just God. By saying it as such I connect myself to being, which was never absent of being connected with God. Even when we fail to notice God/Energy in our lives it is still there. I believe when we reconnect with God we are merely reconnecting with ourselves and every other living thing in this universe.

Recently I met a young energetic woman who for the first time, made me realize how important it is to have God/Goddess connection in a relationship. Not just about connecting you to the divine inside you, but as a couple connecting to that energy together, inside both of you. This made me think back on my past relationships that have worked and still do. They work because we both recognize there was God inside each of us. The first that comes to my mind is my father, the first man to show me unconditional love. I was able to allow him to be my father and teacher because we allowed God in each of us to reconnect. We reconnect because as we make this journey into this life or manifestation of life, we sometimes forget how connected we truly are to God/Goddess.

As complicated as it may sound to reconnect to God or Goddess, and I say Goddess now as there is no difference between the two words, it is all energy. I am God who worships Goddess. Yes, even God or Goddess worship, as we worship, God worships us because in the great words of Ram Das, “It’s all the same trip, man!” It is all the same. Reconnecting is merely recognizing inside each of us, there is God/Goddess.

It makes me believe in love at first sight even more so, because I am now starting to understand that love at first sight really does exist. It is not about giving your heart to someone on the first date, or first encounter. It is that moment when you encounter God/Goddess in someone and they the same in you. You both reconnect to that energy at the same time. This is powerful, as you see God/Goddess in the other and you reconnect to that energy which we are all part of. An infinite pool…

As my father/mentor/teacher/student/God has told me over and over, you will just know. You know by just being on that level of pure energy or pure God/Goddessness. Being you from the inside out.

The sleeper awakens at many strange times of the day; the key is to stay awake because sleeping on this level or existence you will surely miss this wonderful dream called life.

So we reconnect to know ourselves, to know that God/Goddess is love, and to give love to another being is to share God/Goddess or reconnect to your very self. We are droplets of the same energy that find each other in this world to realize they are part of a much larger lake of energy, the same energy, the same trip called Life.

No comments: